5 Favorite Truck Books for Kids




We love books! We actually read them throughout the day more than before bed. At bedtime, we are too busy trying to get out of going to bed to pay attention to books. A truck book is almost always chosen when we read. I am sometimes able to try a new book using audiobooks through the library. We used to have a lot of fun going to the library but we haven't been since the pandemic. I had 3 magazine holders full of books in my car from school and JUST cleaned my car out a few weeks ago during my no-kid day. It did come in handy when we had to wait at urgent care. I was able to read 4 books to entertain Cole. Anyway, these are some of our favorites.

I am an Amazon Affiliate so these books are links to Amazon. If you make a purchase using my link, I may receive a small commission.


1. Little Blue Truck by Alice Schertle
There are other variations of this book so we are not picky! We love them all. I have it almost memorized. This is great for recognizing animals and identifying animal sounds.


2. Pug in a Truck by Nancy Coffelt
Pug has to help his owner deliver a load of goods. They see lots of other cars on the road and pug teaches about the rest stop. This is a fun read (and not because we have a half pug!)


3.Mighty Truck by Chris Barton
This is a great book about a filthy truck that becomes mighty after it gets clean. There are lots of different characters in it so it's fun to use different voices. My favorite thing is to pause and let Cole complete the sentences. "Just call me ..." "Mighty truck!"


4. Elbow Grease by John Cena
This is an inspiring story about a little truck that is told he can't do something but he tries with all his might. There are several characters in this book to make it a fun read.


5. National Geographic: Trucks by Wil Mara
This is a good book to learn about trucks. Slick pops up to teach about different trucks, there's some jokes and pictures of the inside of the truck, which are really cool!

Comments