Dinosaur Hard Boiled Eggs

 



We made some dinosaur hard boiled eggs and they actually are pretty, almost like marble. I told Cole to watch out and make sure no dinosaurs hatched while he was trying to eat them! Cole thinks the yolk in hard boiled eggs is cheese haha. He’s not into anything healthy in the morning except for hard boiled eggs and he can eat two with no problem. I’ll take it! So I didn’t make these how I normally do so the cracked lines weren’t as dark but I’ll tell you how I normally do them. Sorry about the final product pictures. I had about 5 seconds before they were devoured!

You’ll need some food coloring.  We practiced our color mixing to make green.


Hard boil your eggs. I always put my eggs in the pot first, then add cold water until they are just covered. I put them on the quick boil side on my stove and I have no idea if that even makes a difference. A watched pot never boils as they say. Once it is a roaring boil, I shut off the stove and cover for 15-20 minutes. 

Once they’ve cooked and are cool enough to handle, gently crack the egg on the counter all around. 


Do this for all of your eggs. To have darker colors, place the food coloring directly on the eggs so it goes into the cracks. We just put the coloring in the warm water and soaked them for a while. 

Tada! Really cool eggs your little dinos will love!

Comments