Traveling Lego Container for $5



Make your own traveling lego container using building blocks from Dollartree. This closes up so you can put it in a bag to take camping or for easy storage without losing pieces. Cole had a blast with his and I made two. One was a yellow plate, I was thinking hay with green legos (grass,) the farm accessories and two people - a farmer and police officer. The other was an orange plate with blue legos, scenery accessories and construction worker people.

You'll need:

A square building block plate

A square lock n lock container that will fit the lid on top

building blocks

building block people

building block extras - I got a farm kit and a tree/flower kit

e6000 glue






For one of the lids I used to superglue to attach the lego plate. It did not work well. I ended up using E6000 glue which works on just about anything! I added some heavy items and let it dry overnight. This morning, they were good to go. I emptied out the contents of the blocks, people and doodads to each container.

They close right up nice and neat. I kind of want to put the pieces of all of the other lego sets in little containers so they can be used one at a time instead of all at once so the pieces get all mixed up. Dollartree sells all sorts of lego colors. It would be neat if they had matching plates for each color so you could separate them.


Comments