DIY Dollar Tree Heart Wreath Craft





So these original hearts might be your style or you might think they are hideous, if you are like me. Here are a few easy ways to transform them into something beautiful using supplies for a few bucks or stuff you may already have in your craft stash. 


I used two styles - the hollow heart and the full heart. I saved the glitter arrows, I'm not sure what I'll do with them. Start by removing the arrows from the hollow heart. Oops! I broke it and had to tape it. I left the tinsel on to give it some body. For the larger ones I cut the tinsel and pulled it off. Yes, it made a mess. A big one! 

Yarn wrapped hearts 

I used the full heart for these and I had some leftover white and red chunky yarn. I tied it to the frame and then criss crossed and wrapped it until I ran out of yarn or it was mostly full then I added some bows and some twine on the back for hanging. There was really no rhyme or reason to my wrapping. The frame has little pegs which help keep the yarn in place. The red one was the most popular.



Buffalo Plaid Heart

Because who doesn't love buffalo check and already have ribbon at home? Hot glue strips of your ribbon to the frame, which looks like a grid as you can see in the picture. I worked in halves putting glue on half the grid where the strip of ribbon would go then doing the other half because I tried to line up the pattern. I added a lace burlap ribbon and a twine bow (both from Dollar Tree) to jazz it up and a twine loop for hanging.




Scarf wrapped heart
Dollar Tree has some really cute Valentine's Day scarves this year! Since it is an infinity scarf, I cut it at the seam and tied it onto the hollow heart frame. You guessed it! I just wrapped the whole frame. I used one scarf for wrapping but you could use two. I cut another contrasting print scarf at the seam and tied it in a bow then trimmed up the ends on an angle to help prevent fraying.




Ribbon wrapped heart
This was the same idea as the scarf wrapped heart. I used a buffalo check ribbon to wrap the whole heart after tying it onto the frame. I added a burlap and lace bow and a twine hanging loop right in between the layers of ribbon.



Comments