Turn an Easel into a Reusable Chalk Paste Surface

You guys! I’m pretty proud of the creative bug that bit me! I got this little easel at Dollar General on sale for 75% off so $1 and I wanted to use it but it’s been sitting a while. I thought about painting it but since I’m into the Chalk couture chalk paste and reusable stencils, I thought I could make it wipeable. You can wipe nonporous surfaces with water and add a new design! I love it! 

I happened to have some leftover shiplap contact paper from when I did my wall (and didn't finish it....) so I used that. I used two layers because the design was showing through a bit. Now you can have a light background for chalking! I just love it. 

All you have to do is cut to size, peel and stick! Add your design and voila! Here are the steps in pictures. It took no time at all. 


The before - it's cute but not really my style.
I used shiplap contact paper but you could use anything. I have chalkboard paper I could have used too.
Measure & cut the contact paper to fit.
Peel and stick. I did two layers so the lettering didn't show through.
Stick stencil on after fuzzing. Check out the washable, sticky, reusable stencils here
I used the Rosewood chalk paste from Chalk Couture.
Peel up the stencil and give it about 3-4 minutes to dry. You can rub it with your hand and it will not come off. Add water and scrub and you can take it off and add a new design!
I love the rustic shiplap look!

Like this article or page? Buy me a coffee! 

Comments