5 Dollar Tree Items to use Chalkology Ink On



Wondering what surfaces to buy and practice your Chalk Couture Chalkology Ink on without spending a lot? I love to make and sell crafts but I also don't like to spend a lot of money on supplies. Some people just don't like to spend a lot of money on handmade items and that's where Dollar Tree comes in handy! The only problem I find with Dollar Tree is if you see something and don't buy it right away, it may be gone the next time you go! Check out these items you can buy to ink on without breaking the bank! The stencils are washable, sticky and reusable!


What's the benefit of using Chalkology Ink? It can be baked or heat set to be permanent! Just put your item in the oven on a baking sheet then turn the oven to 350 degrees. Once it has preheated, set a timer for 30 minutes then shut the oven off. Do not open the door until the oven has completely cooled. Voila! You can use the ink on fabric too and heat set with a press or iron.

I typically let my inked surface dry overnight then I use a toothpick to scrape off any of the ink imperfections. It comes right off! Then it is all set for the oven. 

**Here's a fun hack! Do not worry about peeling the label off of the bottom of your item. Most of the time, after baking, it will fall right off onto your baking sheet!

1. Oval Soap Dish

How cute are these? I purchased the bunny stencil on amazon here. The gnome was from amazon here. The cactus is from Chalk Couture and no longer available but you can do just about anything on these cute little soap dishes. They could also be used as little trinket trays. 


2. Rectangle Soap Dish

Also cute and looks more like a trinket tray! I used the February Club Couture, which is a monthly subscription where you receive a reusable silk screen transfer and chalk paste singles. I just love the arrows on this one!

3. Liquid Soap Dispenser

Okay, as you can see mine are plain but that's because I'm PATIENTLY waiting for new transfers to come in that I think will be really fun to use. I believe the post office has misplaced them. Check out the French Country Minis and the Locally Grown Minis.  The mini sets are so versatile and adorable! Plus it's like getting 12 transfers in 1!




4. Coffee Mugs

I made cute gnome coffee mugs and Easter mugs and they are a lot of fun to make! I personally like the white and gray mugs but you could use anything! The minis would be perfect for this one too!





5. Glass Jars

Yes, you can heat set glass in the oven! These ones have lids with rubber so obviously take the lid off. As long as you put the item in the oven cold so it heats slowly then leave it in so it cools slowly, it will be fine!

Comments